Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE) is seeking a Data Analyst that will be responsible for leading analytic activities and supporting the initiative’s overall data management.
The candidate should have a strong in interested in community development, economic development, workforce development, or urban planning, and who has a demonstrated aptitude with technical skills. Additionally, the candidate should be similarly drawn to the policy implications of their work as they are to the quantitative and qualitative research methods that support and advance the field.
This position is full-time position and reports to the Program Manager.
Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE) is a marquee initiative of World Business Chicago’s strategy to “develop and deploy assets in neighborhoods to align with regional economic growth.” CASE is a network of Chicago’s leading anchor institutions – hospitals, universities, cultural institutions, corporations, and others. CASE acts as a catalyst to create inclusive economic growth by leveraging Anchor buying, hiring, and investment to collectively impact Chicagoland neighborhoods
- Access, organize and manage all of CASE’s institutional, supply-side and other data. This includes securing and downloading different datasets; establishing a methodology to clean, standardize, and store the data; creating processes to flow the data to other staff members, as needed.
- Conduct econometric and statistical analyses of econometric, financial and demographic data
- Draft and edit reports and prepare materials for presentations
- Conduct technical research on economic development, workforce development, and public policy
- Conduct spatial analyses of data and produce maps and other visuals
- Contribute to the intellectual and analytic direction of work engagements
- This includes conducting spend, hire and other analytics for members; conducting custom analytics for special projects; managing support personnel in support of these tasks.
- Interface directly with clients in presentations, status meetings, and working conversations
- Grow and advance CASE’s research footprint.
- This includes evolving spend, hire and other analytics; remaining apprised of new methodologies and technologies; proposing and implementing new technologies, processes, or research methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years experience in any of the following fields: Economic Development, City Planning, Real Estate Development, Finance, Accounting, Management Consulting, Supply Chain Logistics, Computer or Data Science or similarly related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Competence in working with large datasets
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, R, or related programming languages helpful
- Competence in Geographic Information Systems (e.g. QGIS) and in spatial analysis techniques
- Ability to thrive in collaborative and dynamic start-up environment, and as needed to complete tasks with little supervision or guidance
- Strong writing skills
- Technical and policy research experience
- Familiarity with how local and regional economies function
- Full-time position with paid vacation and sick days
- Competitive base salary
- Generous benefits package, including health insurance, and 401(k)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 references to CASE@WorldBusinessChicago.com. The anticipated start date is Fall 2017; however, the position will remain open until filled.